1 pineapple ( serves approximately 8, it depends on the portions)
1 and1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
vanilla ice cream ( as much as you like)
coconut biscuits( as many as you like, if you like at all)
Unbelievably easy dessert! I had little time to prepare anything else, but this thing takes no more than 15 min from washing to serving.
1. Wash and peal the pineapple.
2. Cut to small pieces ( or you can cut them any way you like).
3. Put 1 and 1/2 cup sugar into a non-stick pan ( it would be better if this pan has a lid, since when you put the pineapple in, it can make a mess on the stove) and set the stove to medium heat.
4. Add one tablespoon of butter.
5. Stir constantly and thoroughly until the sugar melts and becomes light brown color ( it has to look as a syrup)
6. Add the pineapple pieces and stir constantly again, until most of the caramel syrup has evaporated and the pineapple is kind of sticky ( but not too much,you would want some sauce left).
7.Plate while still warm.
8. Add the coconut biscuit ( you can use any kind of cookie, biscuit or cracker you have and like)
9. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top.
10. Cut a piece of vanilla ice cream in a shape you like and place it over the warm pineapple.
Serve IMMEDIATELY, while the pineapple is still warm and the ice cream is still cold. I would say that it starts melting approximately 1 minute after plating, but the combination of it is amazing to the palate.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Well, technically he is a little pre -term right now, but he is getting there :-) I hope I can show you the whole process from "concep...
You can check in Wikipedia the meaning of the word burek , but basically it is an unbelievably tasty home made phyllo dough pastry, that...
I have never thought I could feel so sick and be able to actually do a fine work as a fondant figure! A friend of mine asked me to make her ...
I have great news!!! My new site design is ready and I am currently importing and exporting postings, editing content and I really hope that...